This email was just sent to all KOC Convention Attendees.
Dear KOC Member,
This email is packed with important information and updates to help you Experience the Magic at the upcoming convention so please read it carefully and, as always, let us know if we can be of help.
Event Updates and Reminders
Local Club Dinner Night – Start Planning!
We can’t wait for you to get out and explore Kansas City and our amazing restaurant scene! To help make your dining experience all the more enjoyable, we have partnered with several local restaurants, some of which have agreed to provide a special KOC Convention discount. Click here for a list of participating restaurants and special offers, and please keep the following details in mind as you plan:
- Local Club Dinner Night is completely optional. It’s a great way to kick off the event with friends and family and get a taste of Kansas City local menu’s.
- Your options for dinner on Thursday night are not limited to the restaurants included on the list. These are just a few of our favorite recommendations for you to choose from.
- We recommend that you book reservations directly with the restaurant of your choice. You can book by calling the phone numbers provided or through the Open Table app.
- When you book your reservation, let the restaurant know that your group is attending the KOC Convention.
- As a reminder, Keepsakes is covering dinners on Friday and Saturday evenings as a part of your convention experience. Thursday night dinners will not be paid for. Make sure to take advantage the special offers!
- Seating options, table capacity and menus will vary at each restaurant
- Don’t forget to plan or arrange transportation for the evening! Transportation options include: Uber, Lyft, taxis available from the hotel valet stand, and the Kansas City Street Car. Also, many restaurants are within walking distance from the hotel.
Convention Ornaments – Now, more in your registration bag!
As you may have read in the recent Keepsake Community posting, we have decided to place more goodies inside your registration welcome bag! Now, all three Event ornaments included with your registration will be in your bag when you arrive instead of handed out at the Evening dinners. Now, these ornaments will be available to you in time for the Artist Signatures the following days. We hope to see everyone at both Friday and Saturday evening events. You can expect to enjoy great food and entertainment with friends, plus artist appearances! It’s going to be a magical time.
Local Club Centerpiece submissions are due July 12
Don’t forget! This year, Local Club members can submit a centerpiece for display at the evening events. This is a voluntary and creative way to show pride in your local club, and to share with fellow Collectors what your local club means to you. Centerpieces will be featured on the tables during evening events. There won’t be any prizes but your club’s participation will be considered as part of its submission for the 2020 Keepsake Artist Signing events. Complete this submission form by Friday, July 12, to participate. But first, here’s a quick review of the guidelines.
- One centerpiece per local club
- One designated centerpiece contact person, phone number and email per club
- Maximum 12 inches long x 12 inches wide x 18 inches high
- No perishables or open flames
- Electrical outlets will not be available
- Hallmark is not responsible for the safety of your centerpiece
- Centerpieces must be dropped off at the Sheraton Hotel on Thursday, August 8th between 10am – 6pm (exact room location to come)
- Centerpieces must be picked up within 30 minutes following each evening event
Want to participate? If so, please have your local club’s designated contact person complete this form. We’re excited to see what you create!
KOC Convention Team
For questions, call 1-800-Hallmark. Specially trained KOC Care Agents are available 7 days a week to help.
We can’t wait to see you!